Saturday 5 September 2009

In praise of Kyle Shepherd



Kyle Shepherd is a young South African jazz pianist from Cape Town. I love his brand of South African Jazz and I think he is hugely talented.
http://www.kyleshepherd.co.za/

He produced his first CD, ‘fineART’ (not a typo) at the beginning of 2009 and the more I listen to it the more I like it. I took the CD round to some friends recently when they cooked me dinner. One of them is a real music buff (some would say music snob) and he was really impressed, which is high praise indeed.

Most of Kyle Shepherd’s concerts have been in South Africa, but he has done a few in Europe as well. I notice he is due to play in Ghent and Amsterdam later this month. Pity he isn’t doing the UK as well.

The good news is that a new album ‘A Portrait of Home’ is due at the end of the year.

Check him out on his web site

No comments: